Are you trying to find the newest web design statistics and trends?
With over 1 billion web sites on the web, it’s necessary that your site is well designed and provides an amazing user experience on your visitors.
In this text, we’ll share the most recent web design industry statistics. With these insights and trends, you’ll be able to design a website that drives results for your small business.
Big List of Web Design Industry Statistics and Trends
We’ve divided this list of web design statistics into specific categories to make it easier to navigate. You possibly can jump to the section you’re most inquisitive about using the links below.
General Web Design Statistics
- Currently, there are around 1.14 billion web sites on the planet. 17% of those web sites are lively, and 83% are inactive.
- WordPress is utilized by 43.2% of all web sites on the web. Behind WordPress, Shopify, Joomla, Squarespace, and Wix are the opposite top website builders.
- 50% of consumers imagine that website design is crucial to a business’s overall brand.
- It takes about 50 milliseconds (0.05 seconds) for users to form an opinion about whether or not they like your website or not.
- 75% of individuals form their opinion of a website based on its design.
- Given quarter-hour to eat content, 2/3rds of individuals would fairly read something beautifully designed than something plain, based on Adobe.
- 38.5% of web designers imagine that outdated design is a top reason why visitors leave a website.
The importance of web design is evident from these statistics. How your website looks can have a big impact in your online presence and the way people view your small business.
Since 75% of individuals form their opinion of a website based on its design and it only takes them 0.05 seconds to resolve whether or not they prefer it or not, it’s necessary your site makes a superb first impression.
Luckily, with WordPress, it’s easy to create a wonderful website, even in case you don’t have any design experience.
With WordPress.org, the preferred website builder platform, you get access to 1000’s of free and premium WordPress themes. Themes immediately customize the looks of your site including the layout, color, typography, and other design elements.
Plus, you can even use drag and drop page builders to simply create custom designs, and even design a custom theme from scratch.
It is smart why WordPress is utilized by 43.2% of all web sites on the web.
To start with WordPress, see our detailed guide on the way to make a WordPress site.
Mobile & Responsive Web Design Statistics
- People on mobile devices account for about half of the web traffic worldwide. Within the second quarter of 2022, mobile devices (excluding tablets) generated 58.99% of world website traffic.
- 61% of web users have a better opinion of firms with mobile-friendly website design.
- 73.1% of web designers imagine that a non-responsive design is a top reason why visitors leave a website.
- 57% of web users say they won’t recommend a business with a poorly designed website on mobile.
- Decreasing mobile site load times by just one-tenth of a second resulted in major increases in conversion rates.
- 32% of small businesses have already got a mobile app, and 42% plan to construct one in the long run. Alternatively, 26% of small businesses are unlikely to ever release one.
- 50% of smartphone users usually tend to use an organization or brand’s mobile site when browsing or shopping on a smartphone because they don’t wish to download an app.
- Google introduced worldwide mobile-first indexing in 2018. Which means Google primarily uses the mobile version of content when rating your webpages in search engine results.
Considering that mobile devices account for about half of the web traffic worldwide, it’s essential that your website design is optimized for mobile users.
To simply design a responsive website, you should utilize a WordPress theme to be sure that it looks equally great on mobile phones, tablets, and desktops. Take a look at our recommendations for the most effective responsive WordPress themes.
Except for how your mobile website looks, you furthermore mght need to think about how briskly it loads. Increasing mobile site loading speed by just 1/tenth of a second leads to higher conversion rates.
See our guide on the way to speed up WordPress performance to boost the user experience, boost conversions, and improve search engine optimization.
On-Page Web Design Statistics
- Photos/images (40%), color (39%), and videos (21%) were the highest visual elements consumers appreciate in website design.
- When visiting a website for the primary time, 22% of holiday makers search for eye-catching colours. But, 21% will leave a site due to outlandish colours.
- 46% of individuals say that their favorite color to see on a website is blue, while only 23% say their favorite color for website design is yellow.
- While it’s a very important a part of web design, only 8% of respondents notice whitespace when viewing a website for the primary time.
- Similarly, only 18% of consumers have a look at a website’s font styles when visiting their pages for the primary time, despite the importance of typography.
- 38% of individuals have a look at a website’s page layout or navigational links when visiting a website for the primary time.
- Users spend a median of 5.94 seconds taking a look at a website’s major image.
- 88.5% of website designers reported that ‘Flat design’ is currently the preferred web design trend. It’s a straightforward design style that uses two-dimensional elements and vibrant colours.
- In accordance with a study by Small Biz Trends, 70% of small business web sites lack a call-to-action (CTA) on the homepage.
- 51% of individuals think “thorough contact information” is an important element missing from many company web sites.
- 84.6% of web designers said that crowded web design is essentially the most common mistake made by small businesses.
The statistics above will provide you with an idea of what design elements your website visitors appreciate essentially the most, in addition to any elements you would do without, resembling Google Fonts.
High-quality images, color, and videos are the highest visual elements consumers appreciate in website design. But, 70% of small business web sites lack a call-to-action on the homepage.
While your design might impress visitors, in case you don’t have a call-to-action, you won’t give you the chance to convert those visitors into leads or customers.
You possibly can redesign your website for higher conversions by following this tutorial on the way to add call to motion buttons in WordPress.
UI/UX Web Design Statistics
- Good UI (user interface) can raise a website’s conversion rate by as much as 200%, while a greater UX design can raise the conversion rate by as much as 400%.
- Firms who spend money on UX (user experience) can expect to see an ROI of $100 for each $1 invested.
- 31% of individuals think that a fascinating user experience is a top priority for website designs.
- 88% of users won’t ever return to a website after a poor user experience.
- Gen Z users prefer UX/UI design that is very personalized and intuitive.
- Millennials are aware of technology and have a low tolerance for anything that doesn’t work because it should.
- Gen X users desire a pain-free UX experience.
- Baby Boomers prefer easy and straightforward designs.
- 47% of holiday makers expect loading time to be lower than 2 seconds.
- Website speed statistics show that pages loading inside 2 seconds have a median 9% bounce rate. For page load times of 5 and 6 seconds, the rates are 38% and 46%.
User interface (UI) and user experience (UX) are two common terms utilized in the web design industry. Each are necessary for making a successful, user-friendly site design.
UI refers back to the screens, buttons, toggles, and icons that a user interacts with when visiting a website. While UX refers to all the interaction a user has with a website and the way they feel about it overall.
As you’ll be able to see above, Gen Z users prefer UX/UI design that is very personalized. See this guide on the way to show personalized content to different users in WordPress.
As well as, 31% of individuals think that a fascinating user experience is a top priority for website designs.
There are multiple easy ways you’ll be able to make your WordPress website more engaging. For instance, you’ll be able to add interactive content like conversational forms, infographics, or quizzes.
eCommerce Web Design Statistics
- 85% of shoppers say product information and pictures are necessary to them when deciding which brand or retailer to purchase from.
- 78% of shoppers want eCommerce sites to incorporate more images on their product pages.
- 60% of consumers rate usability as a very important design characteristic for a web based shop.
- The share of users who will proceed shopping due to great UX is 90%.
- In 2021, 53.9% of all retail eCommerce is predicted to be generated via mobile devices.
- Slow-loading web sites cost retailers $2.6 billion in lost sales every year.
- 23% of small retail businesses don’t have a website and rely solely on their social media accounts.
- 24% of small retail businesses with out a website responded that their reason for not having one was that they don’t know the way to create/run a website.
What’s surprising here is that 23% of small retail businesses don’t have a website because they don’t know the way to create one.
Yet, 53.9% of all retail eCommerce was expected to be generated via mobile devices last yr.
In case your retail business doesn’t have a website, you’re missing out on a ton of sales.
Like we mentioned earlier, making a website is straightforward with WordPress and WooCommerce. Simply follow our tutorial on the way to start a web based store for step-by-step instructions.
In eCommerce web design, 85% of shoppers say product information and pictures are necessary to them when deciding which brand or retailer to purchase from.
To enhance your WooCommerce design and generate more sales, read this tutorial on the way to customize WooCommerce product pages.
Web Design Industry Statistics
- In 2020, the entire variety of web developers and designers in the US was around 178,900. By 2030, this number is projected to succeed in over 205,000.
- Employment of web developers and digital designers is projected to grow 13% from 2020 to 2030, much faster than the typical for all occupations.
- The web design services market size within the US is 40.8 billion.
- Do-it-yourself website builder platforms are currently value $24 billion within the US. Additionally they experience a 4.9% annual growth rate.
- The median pay for web developers and digital designers was $77,200 per yr, or $37.12 per hour, in 2020.
- A client on the lookout for a custom WordPress site often pays between $3,000 and $15,000 dollars to a distant freelancer.
- 80.7% of website designers take one month to design a website.
Employment of web developers and digital designers is projected to grow 13% from 2020 to 2030, much faster than the typical for all occupations.
WordPress developers are in especially high demand, since WordPress powers 43.2% of all web sites.
In case you’re inquisitive about becoming a WordPress developer, you’ll be able to start by reading our guide on the way to learn WordPress without cost.
One other interesting statistic is that the price of a custom WordPress site or theme is between $3,000 and $15,000 dollars.
But, in case your small business doesn’t have the budget, you’ll be able to easily create a custom WordPress theme with a plugin like SeedProd.
SeedProd is the most effective drag and drop website builder for WordPress. It allows even complete beginners to create custom WordPress themes and page layouts, without editing any code.
Plus, SeedProd comes with ready-made themes and templates, color schemes, font pairings, design-related blocks, and more.
To start, follow this guide on the way to easily create a custom WordPress theme.
List of Sources
Adobe, Top Design Firms, Google, Deloitte, Statista, GoodFirms, IBISWorld, U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics, Digital.com, SWEOR, Siteefy, W3Techs, Toptal, HubSpot, Forrester, Small Biz Trends, KoMarketing, Wilderness Agency, WPEngine, IsItWP, Hootsuite, WebFX, Neil Patel
We hope these website design statistics will enable you make the most effective design decisions, whether you’re designing a brand recent website or redesigning an existing one. You might also want to ascertain out our pick of the most effective web design software and best SMTP services to enhance your email deliverability.